The Grand Ages: Gold Edition includes the full version of Grand Ages and the addon Reign of Augustus.
Grand Ages: Rome is the sequel to the best-selling strategy game Imperium Romanum.
As Governor of a Roman Province in the time-honoured Roman Empire, its fortune very much lies in your hands. Choose one of five Roman noble families such as Caesar’s Julii with different abilities to accomplish the comprehensive missions. Defend yourself against barbarian tribes, trade with other cultures, build a wealthy economic environment and fullfil the needs of your people in a huge single player campaign!
- Non-linear single player campaign with 40 missions
- Enhanced, multilevelled economic system and sea trade
- RTS-like battle system and comprehensive research opportunities
- 18 different warfare abilities for your units (like Praetorians, War Elephants, Triarii, etc.)
- Lively huge historical locations like Cyrene, Lugdunum or Rome
- Character development system leads through timeline of history
- Naval warfare and colonization of islands
The expansion Reign of Augustus includes a brand new campaign comprising of 12 missions, new maps and buildings and a wealth of enhanced gameplay features.
- All new campaign with 12 missions
- 12 new maps
- 6 new multiplayer maps
- 4 new buildings: Senate, Tax Office, Odeum, Hospital
- Roads – connect your city to the major roman roads to gain or generate additional resources and enable units travel faster
- Authority – certain buildings generate Authority that can be used to benefit the player or hinder opponents
- New talents for each family (21 new talents in total)
- New decorations – statues and gardens
- God Mode – free build map with few disasters and unlimited resources
- Additional multiplayer features including pre-built towns & pre-built town walls
- 3 new patrons (Agrippa, Nero, Drusus)